The Harnist Insurance Agency wants its visitors to feel secure while in our website. To demonstrate our commitment to your privacy we hereby disclose our information practices. Should you feel that these practices are not adhered to, please contact Joseph E. Harnist by e-mail at:firstname.lastname@example.org
(as of 6/19/01)
PURPOSE OF THIS NOTICE
Title V of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) generally prohibits any financial services provider, directly or through its affiliates, from sharing nonpublic personal information about you with a non-affiliated third party unless the provider provides you with a notice of its privacy policies and practices, such as the type of information that it collects about you and the categories of persons or entities to whom it may be disclosed. In compliance with the GLBA we are providing you with this document, which notifies you of the privacy policies and practices of the Harnist Insurance Agency, Inc.
The Harnist Insurance Agency wants its customers and consumers to feel secure in knowing that their privacy has always been a top priority with us since our founding in 1945. We feel that keeping your information confidential is a fundamental part of doing business and a trust that you place in us. We value your business and take your personal privacy seriously. We do not sell customer information or provide it to anyone for any reason other than to secure, service, administer, remarket, or report claims for insurance or risk pool purposes only.
Our Privacy Policies and Practices
1) Information we collect:
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources in order to execute the market search and placement of insurance coverage's to meet your needs.
Information collected may be, but is not limited to the following sources.
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms by phone, internet or in person.
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others.
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency.
- Motor vehicle records from a Secretary of State office.
- Information secured from a former insurance company or agent, or your employer.
- Medical information provided by a physician or medical service provider.
2) Information we may disclose to third parties:
In doing so, the Harnist Agency exchanges such information only with other insurance related parties that are similarly obligated under state and federal privacy laws and have in place the procedures necessary to keep all information within the requirements of these laws.
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms by phone, internet, or in person which may include your name, address, social security number, income, beneficiaries, phone numbers, and driver's license numbers.
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others, such as payment history, underwriting, coverage, premiums, and claims documentation.
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency such as your credit history and financial management abilities;
- Motor vehicles records;
- Information secured from a former insurance company or agent, or employer such as claim history, coverage limits, payment history, and risk criteria; and
- Medical information provided by physicians and medical service providers.
3) Categories of non-affiliates to whom we may disclose customer information:
We do not disclose customer information we collect, as described above, about our customers or former customers to anyone, except as permitted by law.
4) Our practices regarding information confidentiality and security:
We restrict access to customer information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
Links to Other Sites
Please be aware that this site contains links to other sites on the internet. The Harnist Insurance Agency is not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites.
It is advisable that when users leave our site that they review the privacy statements of those sites they may visit which may collect personal information about the user.
Part of the underwriting process of many companies today is the use of "credit scores". These scores can be run for both property and casualty lines of insurance. The scores are compiled by a third party vendor with which the companies we represent contract with for the service.
The scores are determined by criteria which each company can pick and choose thus defining their risk potential.
In almost all cases, it will be required for us to run these scores in order to properly rate and classify the insurance quote.
These scores help us to be more accurate and in some cases provide benefits not otherwise available.
Please note that these are a 1 to 10 type score and that we are not accessing a credit report of any type.
Motor Vehicle Records
Drivers license numbers are requested but are not required for quoting. On occasion we would be required by the insurance company to secure the motor vehicle records of drivers.
In order to administer this site, analyze use of the site and track users movements within the site, we use log files. Also, in order to know our marketing area, internet protocol addresses are collected. Cookie files are not used by this site. Please note that information collected for statistical use contains no personally identifiable information.